In this episode of Immigration Law for Tech Startups, I am thrilled to be joined once again by my fabulous law partner, Anita Koumriqian, to discuss what we’re calling the four commandments of an immigration attorney.
Violating any of these commandments may not only have a negative impact on your most immediate petition or entry into the U.S., but also could jeopardize the rest of your immigration journey. Here are our four commandments:
- Thou shalt not lie or maketh misrepresentations
- Thou shalt not make filing mistakes—or if thou maketh a mistake, thou shalt fess up!
- Thou shalt not leave anything unanswered
- Thou shalt not cut corners
We discuss in more detail in this podcast what we mean with each of these commandments and provide tips on how to work with an immigration attorney and deal with immigration officers.
We’ve been able to successfully navigate the immigration landscape during last four years under the Trump administration. Now, even more opportunities are open under the incoming Biden administration. We are looking forward to seeing more people being able to live their dreams of living, creating, and innovating in the U.S.
Please share this episode with friends, family members, investors, companies, startup founders, or anyone who can benefit from it. Reach out to us. We can help you determine your best immigration options whether you’re in the U.S. or abroad.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- The four top commandments from seasoned immigration attorneys who are experts in the field and examples and experiences drawn from real clients
- The biggest mistakes people make
- Why an immigration application is more than just filling out forms
- The role of an immigration attorney
- What to expect from the immigration interview process
- Practical advice for dealing with immigration officials
- Tips for proceeding if you insist on DIYing immigration
Don’t miss my upcoming conversations with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, futurists, and thought leaders on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or whatever your favorite platform is. As always, we welcome your rating and review of this podcast. Stay up to date with each episode by subscribing here. We appreciate your feedback!
Immigration Law for Tech Startups
Tech Crunch Dear Sophie columns
Register for Alcorn’s Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp to learn the best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.
Get Alcorn’s Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook