Dreamers are part of America. They are a part of the core fabric of Silicon Valley.
There are so many brilliant individuals and outstanding team members who are Dreamers in various tech companies. There are those who work at large technology companies like Google or Apple. Others have aerospace degrees who are building rockets.
But what does the future hold for them with the new ruling of the Supreme Court on the DACA case?
What does it mean if you are a Dreamer working in Silicon Valley?
If you’re an employer and you have employees who have DACA, how does this affect the immigration benefits you’re offering your employees for green card sponsorship?
Today, we discuss what the DACA decision is about at the legal level, the rule of law and separation of powers, as well as how the U.S. constitution is stronger than a tweet.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- How Apple CEO Tim Cook got involved in the DACA case
- The Supreme Court’s DACA ruling explained
- What this means for immigration now and other options for Dreamers
- What HR people and tech companies can do to support the Dreamers
- H-1Bs and other nonimmigrant working visas are not canceled
Alcorn Immigration Firm
Get the Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook