In this week’s Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast, I’ll share with you a summary of some of the recent immigration updates and changes that we’ve experienced in 2021. There have been so many immigration law changes over the last year, perhaps not as many as in 2020 with the advent of the pandemic, the Trump administration, and the election.
What we’ve seen over 2020 with the advent of the Biden administration has been the recommitment to the regulatory process as the agencies are trying to build up their capacity after a mass exodus of highly trained personnel who left during the Trump administration. They’re still getting through the backlogs and continuing to deal with COVID and the lack of staffing at the U.S. embassies and consulates abroad so people can start getting their visas processed again.
Please share this episode with companies, HR and recruiting professionals, startup founders, international talent, or anyone who can benefit from it. Sign up for the Alcorn monthly newsletter to receive the latest immigration news and issues. Reach out to us if we can help you determine the best immigration options for yourself, your company, your employees or prospective employees, or your family whether in the U.S. or abroad.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Updates on the National Interest Exceptions (qualifications, processing, travel requirements, student visas)
- Immigration reform updates (DACA, International Entrepreneur Parole
- Changes related to the green card processing and adjustment of status
- Changes in the H-1B world
- The LIKE Act of 2021 (start-up visa)
- Countries under Temporary Protected Status
Don’t miss my upcoming conversations with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, futurists, and thought leaders on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast here or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or whatever your favorite platform is. As always, we welcome your rating and review of this podcast. We appreciate your feedback!
Chats with Charlie Oppenheim
Alcorn Immigration Law:
- Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast:
- Immigration Options for Talent, Investors, and Founders
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.