EB-1B Green Card for Outstanding Professors and Researchers

Apply Now to Avoid Longer Wait Times for Certain Green Cards
Home » EB-1B Green Card for Outstanding Professors and Researchers

EB-1B Green Card for Outstanding Researchers

Another great option for outstanding professionals in certain academic fields is the outstanding researchers and professors category of green cards. If you can show your amazing achievements in your academic field, this could be a wonderful option!  You need to show at least 3 years experience in teaching or research in your academic area to qualify. You also need to be pursuing a tenure or tenure-track teaching position, or a comparable research position, at a university, institution of higher education, or private employer. 

Read on to learn more about the eligibility criteria below!

Subscribe to Our Newsletter!

How do I apply?

In order to demonstrate you are an outstanding professor or researcher, you must include evidence of 2 of the 6 listed criteria below (or comparable evidence if any of the criteria do not readily apply):

  • Receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement
  • Membership in associations that require their members to demonstrate outstanding achievement
  • Published material in professional publications written by others about the alien’s work in the academic field
  • Participation, either on a panel or individually, as a judge of the work of others in your same or allied academic field
  • Original scientific or scholarly research contributions in your field
  • Authorship of scholarly books or articles (in scholarly journals with international circulation) in your field

What is the process?

Your U.S. employer must file a Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker. No self-petitions for this one! Your employer must be able to demonstrate the continuing ability to pay you the offered wage as of the date your petition is filed. Your employer may use an annual report, federal income tax return, or audited financial statement to demonstrate the continuing ability to pay your wage.