What We Do
Tech Startup & Corporate Immigration
Every company is unique, and for this reason a tailored immigration strategy must be employed to suit the individual goals and needs of the business. Whether you are looking to establish a new company or expand your current operation, an Alcorn immigration attorney will be able to help manage your immigration concerns as you execute your core business.
The individuals and companies we represent come from every industry and pocket of the globe. Nonetheless, we have experience handling a wide range of immigration cases and have successfully secured the following for our clients:
- H-1B visas, the H-1B lottery, extensions, amendments, portability, and transfers for specialty occupation employees, DOD cooperative research and development project workers, and fashion models.
- O-1A extraordinary ability business & engineering visas and O-1B UX/UI visas for individuals who are operating at the upper echelon of their field.
- L-1 intracompany transferee manager, executive, and specialized knowledge visas to join or establish an American office.
- Country-specific visas including the TN for Canada & Mexico nationals, E-3 for Australian citizens, and H1-B1 for individuals from Chile and Singapore.
- Additional business visas including E-1 trade, E-2 investment, and J-1 researcher visas.
- Permanent residence for corporate employees including PERM, EB-1A, EB-1B, EB-1C, EB-2 NIW, EB-2, EB-3, I-140, I-485 Adjustment of Status and Portability, I-765 Work Permits to authorize employment, and I-131 Advance Parole Travel Documents for international travel during visa processing.
Startup Founder Immigration
More than half of America’s most successful startups were founded by immigrants. We value and support this innovation through our comprehensive startup founder immigration services. We help startup founders who are looking to establish their enterprise in the United States, scale their company into new national or international markets, and/or hire the brightest talent from across the globe.
In general, startups face much different challenges than traditional corporations and require individualized, tailored support. Our immigration attorneys understand the importance and urgency of successfully establishing and scaling startups in high-growth industries such as tech, eCommerce, streaming, logistics, and more. It is for this reason that we developed our startup founder immigration practice, which encapsulates:
- O-1A extraordinary ability startup founder visas for foreign professionals with demonstrated success in their field.
- H-1B transfers and lottery for CEOs and CTOs, as well as other key founding team members.
- L-1 intracompany transferee visas for multinational executives and managers to work with or establish an American office.
- Additional founder visas including E-1 trade, E-2 investment, and E-1/2 essential employees.
- Support with B-1 and B-2 business and visitor visas, as well as Visa Waiver Program authorization through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (WB/WP status).
- Permanent residence for startup founders, including EB-1A, EB-1C, EB-2 NIW, I-140, I-485 Adjustment of Status and Portability, and I-131 advance parole travel documents to allow for international travel during visa processing.
United States immigration law is incredibly complex and intricate. Between understanding eligibility requirements, visa limitations, and the convoluted application procedure, it is easy to get lost in the process. Not sure if you already qualify for O-1A, O1-B, EB-1A, or EB-2 NIW? Legal Launch with Alcorn will walk you through every step of the process, even if you’re not qualified yet! Through this proven 4-step process, our immigration attorneys work closely with motivated individuals to develop a tailored legal strategy and identify the necessary next steps to help meet their goals. No complications, no half-baked solutions, and certainly no one-size-fits-all legal services.
Immigration Law for Tech Startups Podcast
We get it, you are constantly on the go. Taking time out of your schedule to learn about the complexities of immigration law for tech startups is not always simple to do. As business owners ourselves, we understand the need for an easier way to learn how immigration law impacts your ability to scale, navigate IPO, and hire the world’s best and brightest talent. Immigration Law for Tech Startups was created to provide founders and their teams with the most up-to-date and accurate source of information on all things immigration in the tech space.
What is The Alcorn Method?
The Alcorn Method is the proven approach that we use to secure consistent approval for our clients across a range of immigration cases. We have spent over a decade developing and perfecting this method, and our clients can attest to its success. When you work with an Alcorn immigration attorney, you can expect the following experience.
During our initial conversations, our primary goal is strategy-building. We listen carefully to the goals and expectations of our clients, ensuring that we gain a full understanding of the complexities of their business or work as well as their growth trajectory. A company with dozens or hundreds of employees in motion at a given time will require an entirely different strategy than a tech startup that is looking to build its core team. The strategizing step of our method is designed to take these needs into account and develop the most effective immigration solution for your goals.
It has been said that success is where preparation and opportunity meet. After developing your legal strategy, we enter the preparation phase. During this phase, we will work closely with you to ensure that all relevant documents are organized and ready to be utilized in your case. After working with thousands of individuals and businesses, we understand that there is a proven methodology for preparing and filing documents. We will review your documents and suggest improvements or amendments based on United States immigration law and precedence.
Committing even the most minor errors during the filing process can lead to massive, costly, and time-consuming delays in the immigration process. We help our clients successfully file their petitions and all supporting documents according to the rules and regulations of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services or the Department of States.
While it is true that you can breathe a small sigh of relief after filing your application, there is still much to be done. The waiting period can be stressful and anxiety-inducing, and we are diligent about keeping our clients up-to-date about the status of their applications. We also provide guidance and support through the interview process, which can be daunting for many. We ensure that you are prepared and confident in your ability to secure approval and
The fourth and final step of The Alcorn Method is perhaps the most satisfying: winning. Once you have secured approval, we will provide guidance on any next steps that you must take to obtain your visa or Green Card. We enjoy fostering long-term professional relationships with our clients and ensure that we are always here for any immigration matters that may arise in the future.