In this week’s Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast, I’ll discuss planning for the H-1B lottery. Yes, it’s that season again! And it is coming up in March. If you are looking for a job that might sponsor you for H-1B or if you’re an employer looking to sponsor someone, I will be giving you some pre-lottery actions and your document assembly to-do list to help you get prepared.
There’s so much hope that comes with this lottery as long as you have the right things in place. If you are an intending beneficiary who wants to be sponsored by a company for an H-1B, just start your meditation practice now since we can’t control the future. You might be selected or not, so you need to figure out a way to deal with both possibilities. Also, as an employer, you need to mitigate the risk of the process to be able to secure your top talents the ability to live and work legally in the United States.
Please share this episode with companies, HR and recruiting professionals, startup founders, international talent, or anyone who can benefit from it. Sign up for the Alcorn monthly newsletter to receive the latest immigration news and issues. Reach out to us if we can help you determine the best immigration options for yourself, your company, your employees or prospective employees, or your family whether in the U.S. or abroad.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- The H-1B lottery: guidelines, updates, and filing dates
- Qualifications: the employer, the role, and the candidate
- Defining the employer-employee relationship
- Registration guidelines and selection process
- Requirements and documents you need to prepare
- Other things to consider before seeking an H-1B
- Some workarounds and alternative routes
Don’t miss my upcoming conversations with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, futurists, and thought leaders on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast here or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or whatever your favorite platform is. As always, we welcome your rating and review of this podcast. We appreciate your feedback!
Alcorn Immigration Law:
- Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast:
- Immigration Options for Talent, Investors, and Founders
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.
Also published on Medium.