In this week’s Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast, I’m joined by Jen Holmstrom, the Associate Partner and Head of Platform Services at GGV Capital. With leaders and founders now having access to global talent, Jen believes we now live in the future of work and that companies need to be intentional in the kind of environment they provide to employees.
Based in Silicon Valley, Singapore, and China, GGV Capital is a VC firm and a $9.2-billion fund that invests across multiple sectors. In her role, Jen leads the talent and recruiting support for portfolio companies of the fund. She has also created an amazing leadership program called Founders + Leaders. Today, she talks about its curriculum and how she helps early-stage startup founders and companies from around the world create rapidly scaling, high-value startups across a number of verticals.
Please share this episode with companies, HR and recruiting professionals, startup founders, international talent, or anyone who can benefit from it. Sign up for the Alcorn monthly newsletter to receive the latest immigration news and issues. Reach out to us if we can help you determine the best immigration options for yourself, your company, your employees or prospective employees, or your family whether in the U.S. or abroad.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Creating a platform team
- The impact of the Great Resignation on immigration
- The frustration around compensation
- Creating an environment employees want to work in – physically and virtually
- Looking to intrinsic motivation for retention
- Leadership management best practices
- Psychological contract vs. psychological safety
Don’t miss my upcoming conversations with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, futurists, and thought leaders on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast here or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or whatever your favorite platform is. As always, we welcome your rating and review of this podcast. We appreciate your feedback!
Founders + Leaders
First, Break All the Rules: What the World’s Greatest Managers Do Differently by Marcus Buckingham
The One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard and Spencer Johnson
Living the Remote Dream by Darren Murph
Redefining HR by Lars Schmidt
Alcorn Immigration Law:
- Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast:
- Immigration Options for Talent, Investors, and Founders
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.
Also published on Medium.