In this week’s Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast, I am joined by Robert Adams, a cross-cultural trainer, and consultant. In 2016, Rob founded Chai and Coaching to help international students and professionals succeed in America.
Applying as an international student in America comes with its own challenges. Rob’s YouTube channel offers a series of videos where he interviews experts on a wide range of topics. They share tips and insights on how to fund your studies and lower your cost of living in the U.S. as well as the best and worst degrees for jobs in America.
Rob also covers topics such as interview strategies, visas, green cards, and a variety of other timely topics relevant to the audience of international students and young professionals making their way into the United States.
Please share this episode with companies, HR and recruiting professionals, startup founders, international talent, or anyone who can benefit from it. Sign up for the Alcorn monthly newsletter to receive the latest immigration news and issues. Reach out to us if we can help you determine the best immigration options for yourself, your company, your employees or prospective employees, or your family whether in the U.S. or abroad.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Rob’s transition from petroleum engineering to Chai and Coaching
- His experience living and working in India
- Addressing the needs of international students and filling in the gap
- The shift in the immigration landscape for international students
- Other types of STEM majors to consider
- How to bridge the cultural gap in terms of getting jobs in America
- The value of investing in relationships
Don’t miss my upcoming conversations with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, futurists, and thought leaders on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast here or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or whatever your favorite platform is. As always, we welcome your rating and review of this podcast. We appreciate your feedback!
Alcorn Immigration Law:
- Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast:
- Immigration Options for Talent, Investors, and Founders
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.