In this week’s Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast, I am joined by Jamais Cascio, a futurist and distinguished fellow at the Institute for the Future, a nonprofit group based in Palo Alto, California. In his work, Jamais determines plausible outcomes for the future. He’s also a writer who focuses on the intersection of emerging technologies, environmental dilemmas, and cultural transformation. Resilience
Jamais was also here back in Episode 103 where we talked about his BANNI framework (brutal, anxious, anxious, nonlinear, and incomprehensible), which is an alternative framework to see the world compared to the VUCA framework. Today, we talk about immigration and climate change, the metaverse and the future of work.
Please share this episode with companies, HR and recruiting professionals, startup founders, international talent, or anyone who can benefit from it. Sign up for the Alcorn monthly newsletter to receive the latest immigration news and issues. Reach out to us if we can help you determine the best immigration options for yourself, your company, your employees or prospective employees, or your family whether in the U.S. or abroad.
In this episode, you’ll hear about: Resilience
- An overview of the BANNI framework
- The history of the metaverse
- An equalization of income: is this possible?
- The future of global migration
- Looking at the world beyond technology
- What it means to be in a nonlinear world
Don’t miss my upcoming conversations with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, futurists, and thought leaders on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast here or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or whatever your favorite platform is. As always, we welcome your rating and review of this podcast. We appreciate your feedback!
Institute for the Future
Alcorn Immigration Law:
- Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast:
- Immigration Options for Talent, Investors, and Founders
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.
Also published on Medium.