In this week’s Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast, I’m joined by Lynda Hagerty, our Chief Legal Officer for Excellence at Alcorn Immigration. We talk all about the H-1B lottery and we’ll be covering everything you need to know to tackle the H-1B lottery in 2023. If you have not started already, your preparation begins now!
Whether you’re hearing about it for the first time, you’re new to HR and it’s your first time for your company or you’re just trying to figure out what’s next, the H-1B is an opportunity for a company to sponsor a foreign national employee for a professional position and get work authorization. The trick with the H-1B is the first time you secure it, you have to go through this whole lottery process, which only has a very small window. If you think this is your next step, listen in to know more about what it entails to apply for one.
Please share this episode with companies, HR and recruiting professionals, startup founders, international talent, or anyone who can benefit from it. Sign up for the Alcorn monthly newsletter to receive the latest immigration news and issues. Reach out to us if we can help you determine the best immigration options for yourself, your company, your employees or prospective employees, or your family whether in the U.S. or abroad.
In this episode, you’ll hear about: layoffs
- Overview: timeline, sponsorship, job qualification, wage rates
- Types of specialty occupations and examples of jobs that have pushback on
- Education requirements and exceptions
- Who is the H-1B best for?
- The best next step to pursuing a green card and how the process works
- Benefits of the H-1B
- Eligibility of companies in order to participate
- How the electronic registration system works
- Your odds in the lottery process and processing trends
Don’t miss my upcoming conversations with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, futurists, and thought leaders on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast here or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or whatever your favorite platform is. As always, we welcome your rating and review of this podcast. We appreciate your feedback!
Resources: H1-Bs immigration
- What H-1B and other immigration changes are ahead this year?
- Upcoming webinar: Part 2! H-1B Lottery in 2023!
Alcorn Immigration Law: H1-Bs immigration
- Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast:
- Immigration Options for Talent, Investors, and Founders
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.