Welcome to the first episode of the Immigration Law for Tech Startups. My name is Sophie Alcorn. I’m a certified specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
As the founder of the Alcorn Immigration Firm, we’re dedicated to helping the fastest growing tech companies in the world scale with leading talents from many different continents. We try every possible immigration strategy to serve our clients. We’re certified as an official woman-owned business as well as a recipient of other certifications and awards including the Entrepreneur Immigration Services Law Firm of the Year and an AV rating.
We are a growing team of smart and motivated people who care a lot about our clients. To us, it’s personal. This matters a lot to us because we see the human side of it. We are dedicated to supporting people in making better lives for themselves and their families – together, we can change the world.
The immigration process can be so scary for some people, but it doesn’t need to be that way. You can have a great team on your side to support you and help you put your best foot forward. That’s what we and this podcast are here for as we strive to provide you with all the resources you need on this journey.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- The early beginnings of my legal career
- The birth of Alcorn Immigration Firm
- Our mission and our 4 key core values
- The keys to our success: the 4-step Alcorn Method
- Our specific areas of focus
- Our impressive track record, awards, and certifications
- What conversations with our clients look like
- The different fields in the tech industry that we serve
- What to expect from our future episodes