What is a green card and why is it called as such? Does it go by any other name? What are all the steps to getting a green card? What is the visa bulletin and how does it actually work?
Today, we are going to be talking about the coveted, the mysterious green card.
Whether you’re getting green cards for people in your company or you would like to work and immigrate to the United States on a green card, there are certain options you might want to consider.
This is basically an overview episode specifically focusing on employment-based categories.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- What is a green card and what are the different categories
- Change of status vs. adjustment of status
- 3 stages for getting a green card (EB1, EB2, and EB3)
- List of countries with a backlog and the reason for the quota system
- The exceptions to this process and some common options in Silicon Valley