In this episode of Immigration Law for Tech Startups, I’m thrilled to be joined by Tim Draper, a third-generation VC and the founder of Draper University, a top Silicon Valley pre-accelerator and incubator for entrepreneurs. He was an early investor in and is a big proponent of Bitcoin. And he seeded most of the nearly 40 unicorns in which he has invested.
Tim shared his thoughts on a wide range of topics, from Bitcoin to mindfulness, from how to solve global warming to universal earned income, from creating and inspiring entrepreneurs to what he looks for when investing in a startup.
“When I’m looking at a company,” he says, “I look for two things: How big can this get, so is it worth your time to do it? And what does the world look like when you’re done?”
Don’t miss my inspiring conversation with Tim. Please share this episode with aspiring entrepreneurs, startup founders, or anyone who can benefit from it. Reach out to us if we can help you determine your immigration options whether you’re in the U.S. or abroad.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Tim’s views on the future of Bitcoin and its equalizing power
- Draper University’s Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship and Hero Training programs
- What it takes to create and inspire entrepreneurs
- How to structure the free market to save the planet and create the most promising future for the U.S.
- How remote work due to COVID-19 has impacted his work
- The concept of universal earned income
- What Tim looks for when investing in a company
- Tim’s advice for aspiring entrepreneurs and how to get through the dark days
Stay tuned for my conversations with other top technology thought leaders, venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, and futurists on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast here or on whatever your favorite platform is. We welcome your rating and review of this podcast. Thanks!
Alcorn Immigration Law publications and courses:
- Subscribe to the Alcorn Immigration Law Newsletter
- Immigration Options Chart
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.