In this week’s Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast, I’m excited to have Edward Gorbis join me as we discuss some practical mental tips and practices to help you develop an unbreakable mindset geared towards success.
Edward is a performance coach, a startup advisor, a keynote speaker and an author. Born in Ukraine, his family immigrated to the United States (with a little stopover in Israel prior to coming to the U.S.). For most immigrant families, they want their kids to become either a doctor, a lawyer, or an engineer – Edward chose the latter. Once he had reached a level of stability, he realized he wasn’t aligned as an engineer, and so, he transitioned into the coaching world.
Edward is the founder of Career Meets World, a leadership coaching platform that helps immigrants and first generation professionals thrive in their careers and life. Today, we discuss his immigrant story, his professional journey, some of the pain points immigrants face and how to overcome those hurdles so they could ultimately get into a place where they want to be.
Please share this episode with companies, HR and recruiting professionals, startup founders, international talent, or anyone who can benefit from it. Sign up for the Alcorn monthly newsletter to receive the latest immigration news and issues. Reach out to us if we can help you determine the best immigration options for yourself, your company, your employees or prospective employees, or your family whether in the U.S. or abroad.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Edward’s immigration story
- How he transitioned from engineering into performance coaching
- Edward’s identity crisis that led him to ask “who am I?”
- Teaching people how to train their subconscious to get from Point A to Point B
- Why business is not a fight or flight game and where to focus on
- Some tools and processes he uses to help immigrants build their confidence
- Mental practices you can do to start gearing up now and overcome any mental hurdles
- Why mindset work is the key to getting out of suffering and into a beautiful state
Don’t miss my upcoming conversations with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, futurists, and thought leaders on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast here or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or whatever your favorite platform is. As always, we welcome your rating and review of this podcast. We appreciate your feedback!
- Career Meets World
- Edward Gorbis
- Free e-book, Unbreakable Mindset by Edward Gorbis
- Edward welcomes starting a conversation with you on LinkedIn or Twitter
Alcorn Immigration Law:
- Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
- 64 Questions to Ask Your Attorney Handout
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast:
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.