In this week’s Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast, I’ll discuss everything you need to know to start getting ready for the upcoming H-1B lottery in March 2022, which is just around the corner. Whether you are running your company’s immigration program, or an employee seeking an H-1B, or you’re in another country looking to get your first H-1B to move to the U.S., now is the time to start preparing.
The lottery has shifted and it is now a year-round process. If you need an immigration attorney and you’re thinking about engaging with my practice, we would be delighted to support you. We are already underway with many H-1Bs for next year’s lottery. We would love to support all of our current clients and anybody new before the rush comes in Q1.
Please share this episode with companies, HR and recruiting professionals, startup founders, international talent, or anyone who can benefit from it. Sign up for the Alcorn monthly newsletter to receive the latest immigration news and issues. Reach out to us if we can help you determine the best immigration options for yourself, your company, your employees or prospective employees, or your family whether in the U.S. or abroad.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- The H-1B visa lottery: what it is and why there is a lottery?
- How the lottery process works
- The odds of getting selected
- New updates since COVID
- Government litigation settlements and immigration bills affecting the H-1B process
- Latest updates in the Biden Administration
- Planning tips to help you get ready
Don’t miss my upcoming conversations with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, futurists, and thought leaders on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast here or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or whatever your favorite platform is. As always, we welcome your rating and review of this podcast. We appreciate your feedback!
Alcorn Immigration Law:
- Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast:
- Immigration Options for Talent, Investors, and Founders
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.