In this week’s Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast, I’m going to talk about what Biden did say about immigration, as well as how tech companies can support their employees in Ukraine, and Ukrainians working in the United States, as well as displaced Ukrainians in third countries around the world. .
Biden’s recent State of the Union address focused primarily on Ukraine. He talked about inflation and the changes in the United States economy. He also framed immigration reform as an issue of economic competitiveness because reuniting families is the morally right thing to do. He talked about the need to fix the immigration system and secure our border as well as some of his key immigration priorities, including immigration reform and a pathway to citizenship for Dreamers.
Please share this episode with companies, HR and recruiting professionals, startup founders, international talent, or anyone who can benefit from it. Sign up for the Alcorn monthly newsletter to receive the latest immigration news and issues. Reach out to us if we can help you determine the best immigration options for yourself, your company, your employees or prospective employees, or your family whether in the U.S. or abroad.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- A huge need to fix the immigration system
- Immigration reform support
- Ukraine as a designated TPS (temporary protected country)
- Revisiting Biden’s immigration promises during his first 100 days in office
- Key immigration results
- Possible visa options for people from Ukraine or displaced people in third countries to the United States in the short term
Don’t miss my upcoming conversations with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, futurists, and thought leaders on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast here or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or whatever your favorite platform is. As always, we welcome your rating and review of this podcast. We appreciate your feedback!
Alcorn Immigration Law:
Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast:
- Episode 68: Update on DACA
- Episode 95: Recent Immigration Updates 2021
- Episode 96: DACA in Tech
- Immigration Options for Talent, Investors, and Founders
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.