In this week’s Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast, I’m joined by Asra Nadeem, the co-founder of Opus AI, a streaming platform powered by proprietary technology that turns text into movies in real-time. She is also the CEO of Entrepreneurship Programs at Draper University where she has invested in over 30 early-stage companies. She is the first woman venture capitalist from Pakistan.
Asra believes that talent is evenly distributed across the world and that there are brilliant and enthusiastic individuals worldwide who want to make a difference in the world. However, access to capital is a major hurdle for these individuals, which is abundant in the U.S. As a result, Asra is motivated to find ways to bridge this gap and support these eager, brilliant individuals in realizing their visions and empowering more entrepreneurs and innovators from diverse backgrounds to create impactful solutions and drive positive change at a global scale.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- What education and capital get you in an emerging market
- Understanding the venture capital model
- Using technology to create things
- The glamorization of venture capital and raising money
- Fundraising as a sales process
Don’t miss my upcoming conversations with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, futurists, and thought leaders on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast here or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or whatever your favorite platform is. As always, we welcome your rating and review of this podcast. We appreciate your feedback!
Alcorn Immigration Law:
- Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast:
- Episode 89: Advocating for International Startup Founders with Jeff Farrah of National Venture Capital Association
- Immigration Options for Talent, Investors, and Founders
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.