From TechNet’s beginnings, founded by John Chambers of Cisco and John Doerr of Kleiner Perkins, TechNet’s members have been passionate about education and immigration. How can the U.S. attract and retain the best and brightest talent from around the world?
Join us as Sophie interviews TechNet CEO Linda Moore, a 30-year veteran of The White House, Capitol Hill, and five presidential campaigns. They discuss the U.S.’s economic skills gap and jobs opening crisis in the tech sector – there are over 650,000 job openings in cyber security alone. How can we reshape our immigration system to match our economic needs?
From recapturing unused visas and green cards to address the backlogs as well as providing a pathway for immediate green cards for STEM advanced-degree holders, Sophie and Linda talk about policy and practicality and the best strategy for getting high-skilled immigration reform bills through Congress.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Skills gap’s impact on us job market
- Immigration reform and tech hubs initiative
- Advocating for high-skilled immigration reform
- Future of AI policy in the U.S.
- Appreciation and invitation for further engagement
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
Alcorn Immigration Law:
- Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
- Sophie Alcorn Podcast:
- Immigration Options for Talent, Investors, and Founders
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.