Join us for a compelling chat with Miles Randle, a seasoned Silicon Valley start-up veteran, HR enthusiast, and tech nerd. Listen in as Miles unravels the Venture Seed Studio model, an innovative approach that aids founders in launching businesses with an all-rounded team of researchers, recruiters, and a portfolio team to support the initial stages of the start-up journey. Learn how this model differs from other startup paths and what key areas founders can focus on when working with a Venture Seed Studio.
Our conversation then transitions into an exploration of US Immigration’s Impact on Startup Success. We shed light on how the immigration process can limit knowledge output and affect the velocity of founders reaching successful startup milestones. We also highlight the importance of partnering with organizations like the Extraordinary Ability Boot Camp to help with the immigration process. Lastly, we dive into the unique challenges faced by immigrant founders, the traits that contribute to a successful founder, and the significance of last mover advantage in an already saturated market.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Launching companies with collaborative support
- Venture studios and recruiting immigrant founders
- Considerations for choosing a startup program
- Impact of immigration on startup success
- Defining founder motivations and missions
- Sales skills for engineers and founders
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
Alcorn Immigration Law:
- Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
- Sophie Alcorn Podcast:
- Episode 089: Advocating for International Startup Founders with Jeff Farrah of National Venture Capital Association
- Episode 154: The Deep Tech Investment: Inner Space, Outer Space, and Startup Investing with Danny Crichton
- Immigration Options for Talent, Investors, and Founders
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Alcorn Academy course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.