Renewing Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Portrait of smiling professionals
Home » Renewing Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

The Alcorn Immigration Law team can help Dreamers renew their Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) protection and employment authorization document (work permit).


Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for two-year renewal of deferred action, an individual must:

  • Previously been granted deferred action under DACA.
  • Did not leave the U.S. on or after Aug. 15, 2012, without advance parole.
  • Have continuously resided in the U.S. since submitting the most recent DACA request that was approved.
  • Not have been convicted of a felony or serious misdemeanor, three misdemeanors, and not pose a threat to national security or public safety.


Renewal Process

DACA renewal applications can be filed up to 365 days in advance of the expiration. To apply for DACA renewal, an individual must:

  • Fill out the current version of Form I-821D (Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals).
  • Fill out Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) and Form I-765 Worksheet.
  • Send the forms with the appropriate filing fees to the appropriate USCIS designated location based on where you live and the carrier you use to send your renewal packet.

If you would like to be notified electronically when USCIS receives your forms, complete Form G-1145 (E-Notification for Application/Petition Acceptance) and attach it to the front of Form I-821D.


We Can Help

The Alcorn Immigration Law supports immigration for innovation. We can help you or your family evaluate options that may allow you or your family to stay in the U.S. to pursue your dreams. Contact us.