In this week’s Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast, I’m joined by Jed Kodner, a talent partner for both DFJ Growth Venture Capital and Threshold Ventures, advising portfolio companies on identifying, attracting, and retaining world-class talent. Named on Business Insider’s list of the 25 must-know recruiters at top VC firms, Jen is highly experienced in talent acquisition at companies including Andreessen Horowitz, Comcast Ventures, Box, and Adobe.
People are your biggest asset. Without talent, your business is not going to be successful. Listen in as Jen talks about the importance of being intentional with achieving a higher-level talent acquisition with an early focus on diversity. She shares some keys to attracting, identifying, retaining, and motivating brilliant people in your team, as well as some best practices for hiring in different countries and geographies.
Please share this episode with companies, HR and recruiting professionals, startup founders, international talent, or anyone who can benefit from it. Sign up for the Alcorn monthly newsletter to receive the latest immigration news and issues. Reach out to us if we can help you determine the best immigration options for yourself, your company, your employees or prospective employees, or your family whether in the U.S. or abroad.
In this episode, you’ll hear about: layoffs
- How companies can have an early focus on diversity
- Changes in pay transparency
- The current state of the talent landscape
- Why lean into people you want to keep
- Hiring people who need immigration sponsorship
- How to prevent yourself from getting fired from your job as a founder
Don’t miss my upcoming conversations with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, futurists, and thought leaders on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast here or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or whatever your favorite platform is. As always, we welcome your rating and review of this podcast. We appreciate your feedback!
Resources: H1-Bs immigration
Alcorn Immigration Law: H1-Bs immigration
- Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast:
- Immigration Options for Talent, Investors, and Founders
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.