In this week’s Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast, I’m joined by Jamais Cascio, a futurist and distinguished fellow at the Institute for the Future, a nonprofit group based in Palo Alto, where he determines plausible outcomes for the future. Also a notable speaker and writer, Jamais focuses on the intersection of emerging technologies, environmental dilemmas, and cultural transformation.
Futurists are like historians in reverse. They don’t make predictions but rather tease out the broader picture of consequences. For instance, futurists have been talking about the pandemic (ever since Jamais has been doing this work for 25 years) as this big potential issue that could hit at any time. Today, Jamais gives us a picture of the future of work and immigration and some questions to ask ourselves and mindset changes we need to do as we’re dealing with these radical changes we’re facing in a chaotic world.Please share this episode with companies, HR and recruiting professionals, startup founders, international talent, or anyone who can benefit from it. Sign up for the Alcorn monthly newsletter to receive the latest immigration news and issues. Reach out to us if we can help you determine the best immigration options for yourself, your company, your employees or prospective employees, or your family whether in the U.S. or abroad.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- What is foresight work?
- The future of work, technology, and economy
- The future of immigration and questions to think about
- The concept of “degrowth” and rethinking economic models
- The BANI model and how to respond to the radical changes in the world
- Understanding human connection as the core of the future
Don’t miss my upcoming conversations with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, futurists, and thought leaders on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast here or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or whatever your favorite platform is. As always, we welcome your rating and review of this podcast. We appreciate your feedback!
The BANI Framework: “Facing the Age of Chaos”
Open the Future
“Innovation and Creation in a World of Chaos” Talk for Brazil Innovation Week
Institute for the Future
Alcorn Immigration Law:
- Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast:
- Immigration Options for Talent, Investors, and Founders
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.