In this week’s Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast, I am joined by a renowned guest, Maurice Conti. He is a futurist and deep tech authority who serves as an advisor to the National Academy of Sciences. He has helped companies like Nike, Tesla, Disney, Airbus, and Google understand what’s coming in the future and how to prepare.
Maurice’s speeches have been watched all around the world, including over 12 million views of his TED Talks. Currently, his focus is the metaverse. He is an applied futurist who’s not just trying to figure out what’s coming in the future, but what these new technologies will be and how to start building them now.
We talk about how the intersection of humanity, immigration, innovation, and work technology impacts the future of work, what that is going to look like for international workers, and what technologies people are going to be building.
Please share this episode with companies, HR and recruiting professionals, startup founders, international talent, or anyone who can benefit from it. Sign up for the Alcorn monthly newsletter to receive the latest immigration news and issues. Reach out to us if we can help you determine the best immigration options for yourself, your company, your employees or prospective employees, or your family whether in the U.S. or abroad.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- What is a futurist?
- Designing and building probable and desirable futures
- The future of immigration and its intersection with the future of work
- Factoring in blips in current events
- Hybrid work models
- Does immigration exist in the metaverse?
- The best way to deal with VUCA
- Building resilience into the system through diversity
- Innovation is like a pet tiger.
Don’t miss my upcoming conversations with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, futurists, and thought leaders on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast here or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or whatever your favorite platform is. As always, we welcome your rating and review of this podcast. We appreciate your feedback!
Watch Maurice Conti on TED Talks:
Alcorn Immigration Law:
Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast:
- Episode 56: Global Innovation with Tim Draper
- Episode 63: Immigration, Global Mobility, Working from Home, and the Future of WorEpisode 103: A Futurist’s Lens on Immigration – Future of Work, Climate Change, and More with Jamais Cascio
- Immigration Options for Talent, Investors, and Founders
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card>—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.