In this week’s Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast, I am joined by Lynda Hagerty, our Chief Legal Officer for Excellence at Alcorn Immigration Law, as we discuss everything you need to know about getting ready for the next H-1B season, which officially starts now. We talk about some of the most important frequently asked questions about H-1Bs.
Lynda is a business immigration attorney who has been practicing business immigration law for about 20 years with boutique-style firms. It’s great to hear her perspective on H-1Bs as well as some tips on how people can start preparing for the coming H-1B lottery season.
Please share this episode with companies, HR and recruiting professionals, startup founders, international talent, or anyone who can benefit from it. Sign up for the Alcorn monthly newsletter to receive the latest immigration news and issues. Reach out to us if we can help you determine the best immigration options for yourself, your company, your employees or prospective employees, or your family whether in the U.S. or abroad.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- What is an H-1B?
- The benefits of an H-1B visa
- Educational degree levels and job types for an H-1B
- The H-1B timeline: filing and lottery
- Present challenges related to getting H-1Bs
- Other options to get visas in other countries
Don’t miss my upcoming conversations with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, futurists, and thought leaders on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast here or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or whatever your favorite platform is. As always, we welcome your rating and review of this podcast. We appreciate your feedback!
Alcorn Immigration Law:
- Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast:
- Immigration Options for Talent, Investors, and Founders
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.