In this week’s Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast, I’m joined by Lynda Hagerty, our Chief Legal Officer at Alcorn Immigration. We’re ringing in the holiday season with some gratitude. We are looking back at 2022 with an appreciation for all the good things that came to us in the air and yet another busy year for immigration.
We’re also sharing our take on some of the best updates to the immigration process in 2022. It has been a very monumental year with a lot of positive developments. We’ve had a lot of ups and downs in the area of immigration law and we believe we’re headed in a very positive direction.
Please share this episode with companies, HR and recruiting professionals, startup founders, international talent, or anyone who can benefit from it. Sign up for the Alcorn monthly newsletter to receive the latest immigration news and issues. Reach out to us if we can help you determine the best immigration options for yourself, your company, your employees or prospective employees, or your family whether in the U.S. or abroad.
In this episode, you’ll hear about: layoffs
- Why there were fewer requests for evidence this year
- The expansion of premium processing categories
- The interview waiver: process and eligibility
- What the expansion of STEM OPT means
- Development of status for L and E status
- The 540-day EAD extension for H4
- New STEM guidance for O-1 Extraordinary Ability visa applicants
- Our hope for immigration for 2023
Don’t miss my upcoming conversations with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists, startup founders, professors, futurists, and thought leaders on Immigration Law for Tech Startups. Subscribe to this podcast here or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or whatever your favorite platform is. As always, we welcome your rating and review of this podcast. We appreciate your feedback!
Resources: H1-Bs immigration
Alcorn Immigration Law: H1-Bs immigration
- Subscribe to the monthly Alcorn newsletter
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups podcast:
- Immigration Options for Talent, Investors, and Founders
- Immigration Law for Tech Startups eBook
- Extraordinary Ability Bootcamp course for best practices for securing the O-1A visa, EB-1A green card, or the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) green card—the top options for startup founders. Use promotion code ILTS for 20% off the enrollment fee.