Corporate Immigration

Group of people from startup business around a table
Home » Corporate Immigration

Alcorn Immigration Law provides a variety of services related to the immigration law needs of Silicon Valley founders, talent, investors, and tech families. The main categories of services are nonimmigrant visas, green cards for permanent residence, and naturalization to become a citizen.

Family Green Cards

We help families with immigration.  This includes marriage-based green cards for spouses, including same-sex couples.  We also assist naturalized U.S. citizens to obtain green cards for parentsunmarried and married adult children, and siblings. We can assist with other categories of family-based immigration as well.

Citizenship and Naturalization

We assist with all aspects of citizenship and naturalization.  This includes Citizenship Through Naturalization for permanent residents, Certificates of Citizenship for Foreign-Born Children, as well as certificates of citizenship and long-delayed citizenship litigation.

H-1B Lottery, Transfer, Extension & Other Work Visas

We provide a variety of immigration legal services companies and employees in specialty occupations and professions.  The H-1B Visa for Specialty Occupations can be applied for initially in the annual lottery, by startup founders to work at their own companies, and by employers hiring a new employee who is transferring from another company.  Extensions, amendments, and H-1Bs for employees to consult at client sites are also possible.  Country-specific versions include the E-3 Visa for Certain Australian Professionals and H-1B1 Visas for Chileans and Singaporeans. Additional H visas include the H-2A Visa for Agricultural WorkersH-2B Visa for Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers, and H-3 Visa for Nonimmigrant Trainees.  Spouses and children can apply for the H-4 Visa for Skilled Worker Dependents, and some spouses are eligible for work permits for employment authorization.

O Visas and Status

O Visa Overview: O-1A, O-1B, O-2 and O-3

O-1A Visa for Extraordinary Ability

O-1B Visa for Extraordinary Ability or Achievement

O-2 Visa to Accompany an O-1

O-3 Visa for Spouses and Children

Employment-Based Green Cards

If you want to sponsor yourself for a green card based on your expertise without the help of an employer sponsoring you, you should consider whether you might qualify for EB-1A Green Cards for Aliens of Extraordinary Ability or the EB-2 NIW National Interest Waiver Startup Green Card – Dhanasar.

If you want to sponsor an employee and avoid the PERM recruitment process, please consider the EB-1A Green Cards for Aliens of Extraordinary Ability, the EB-1B Green Cards for Outstanding Researchers and Professors, the EB-1C Green Cards for Multinational Managers and Executives, or the EB-2 NIW National Interest Waiver Startup Green Card – Dhanasar.

If you want to sponsor an employee through a normal green card process, please consider the EB-2 Green Cards for Members of the Professions Holding Advanced DegreesEB-2 Green Cards for Persons of Exceptional Ability, and EB-3 Green Cards for Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Other Workers.

If you are interested in investing in a U.S. enterprise to obtain permanent residence, please consider the EB-5 Investor Green Cards for Employment Creation.

Visas for Treaty Traders and Investors

Individuals from specific countries with which the United States has treaties of trade and commerce can apply for special visas to increase trade and investment. These include the E-1 Visa for Treaty Traders and the E-2 Visa for Treaty Investors.  Essential employees can obtain visas as well.  If you are currently in the United States in another nonimmigrant status you can apply to change your status to E-1 or E-2, or if you are already in this status you can apply for an extension.

L-1 Visas

L visas are for employees transferring to the United States to work in an office related to a foreign company where they have previously been working.  If they’re coming to run the U.S. office or manage a function, they could qualify for L-1A Visa for Intracompany Transferee Managers and Executives.  If they’re coming because they have unique knowledge of a company’s procedures, products, or other important information, they could qualify for an L-1B Visa for Intracompany Transferee Specialized Knowledge Workers.  Spouses and children can come too.

Students Visas and Training

International students can come to the United States to further education using the F-1 Visa for Students or the M-1 Visa for Students. Certain programs of study can include one year of permission to work with the status of OPT Optional Practical Training for F-1 Students.  Students who have pursued education in science, technology, education and math can work for an additional 24 months using the STEM OPT Extension for F-1 Students.  If you’re in the United States in another nonimmigrant status, you can apply to change status to F-1.  If you’ve gone out of F-1 status, you can apply for F-1 reinstatement.

B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa, Change of Status, Extension of Status

Short-term visitors to the United States can obtain visas in their home countries to come for an initial period of up to six months. B-1 Visa for Visitors for Business may come temporarily to engage in business activities such as negotiations, board meetings, obtaining customer orders, and incorporating a new business.  B-2 Tourist Visa for Visitors for Pleasure can come for tourism, rest, relaxation, medical treatments, and other purposes.  If you are already in the United States you can apply to extend your B-1 or B-2 status, or you can apply to one of these statuses from another nonimmigrant status.


The North American Free Trade Agreement provides special nonimmigrant statuses for Canadians and Mexicans with certain jobs who are moving to work in the United States. We assist with the TN Treaty National NAFTA for Canadians  as well as the TD Visa for Treaty Dependent NAFTA for Canadians for non-Canadian spouses.  We also assist with the TN Treaty National NAFTA for Mexicans as well as the TD Treaty Dependent NAFTA for Mexicans for non-Mexican spouses.

J-1 Interns and Trainees

We assist interns and trainees with obtaining J-1 Educational and Cultural Exchange Visas. We also assist J-1 visa holders with obtaining 212(e) waivers, or the J-1 Waiver of 2-Year Foreign Residency Requirement.

P Visas

We also assist with P visas which help athletes, entertainers, and artists, including:

International Entrepreneur Parole

Learn more about how to apply for International Entrepreneur Parole under the International Entrepreneur Rule.